custom event

kA November 27, 2013

Hi friends,

I have performed the custom event based on the following link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+custom+event#Addingacustomevent-CustomEvents

i peformed the all the necessary steps they are provided but mail could not rececived for the event and i have one doubt, Based on which critieria we can set the "Template Field" value when we are create the custom field event.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

Have you ensured that your workflow is set up to fire the event?

Have you checked that your notification scheme has recipients for the event?

If you are the one testing the transition, then can you check that you have "email me on my own changes" enabled?

I'm afraid I have no idea what you might mean by "based on which criteria we can set the template field value". When you create a custom event, you choose a template for the outgoing email. A transition fires the event and a listener uses the notification scheme to work out who to send the mail to.

kA November 27, 2013

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your updates, ya i have fired the event in post function for the particualr trainsiton and i have spcified the recipient(single user) for the event in the notification scheme.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2013

And is that user the person performing the transition? And do they have the "do not email me on my own changes" flag set?

Are they getting other emails from Jira? Can they get a "test" email from Jira at all?

kA November 27, 2013

Hi Nic,

The person performed the transition received the mail but the Event Notification person did not receive the mail. He received other mails from JIRA.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2013

That is what you said you had told Jira to do, so I don't understand what you are expecting.

You said "i have spcified the recipient(single user) for the event in the notification scheme". So that single user is the only person who should get an email. You've now said they did.

So there's no problem here, because you've told Jira to send email to one person on that event, and they are getting it.

I suspect you need to change that, but it's not clear why you're expecting email to go to people when you have not told Jira to send the email?

kA November 27, 2013

When i am creating the event, the template field only display the sytem events. May i create a template for that event before creating the event.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2013

That's a different question. Which Peter has answered.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2013

Hi Karthik,

Adding a new template should be done as explained here : http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+create+a+custom+event+in+JIRA

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2013

But as you are using Jira Ondemand you can't create your own templates.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer