creating a confluence page with jira automation

Luc Noppen August 10, 2022

Hello,

I want to create a confluence page using jira automation and I want to create the title of the page by using some values from custom fields on the issue.

This works fine except for the value of the "Meeting date" field which is of the type Date Time Picker.

When I use the smart value {{issue.Meeting date.jqlDateTime}} the time in the title of the confluence page is -2h compared to the time value in the Meeting date field.

Has it something to do with the timezone?

What do I have to do to have the same time in the title on the confluence page and in the Meeting date custom field?

Thanks!

Luc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Date/Time values shown in the Jira UI are automatically adjusted based on the time zone preference of the user viewing the information, while the values stored in the backend are all set to a single time zone - UTC

You can find more information on formatting and converting the time zone for date/time smart values here:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/

0 votes
Julien Peyrade @ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

Hello @Luc Noppen 

I apologize for the belated answer, but since I'm not sure you got the help you needed, I'll do my best to help. So, if you don't mind using an add-on, Elements Publish lets you do exactly what you are asking.

Full disclosure: I'm the Product Manager of the app.

With our app you can create Confluence pages from Jira issues. It integrates with Automation, (which mean you can keep your rule and triggers) but in addition to the native feature you can insert any Jira issue data in the Confluence page and/or title (and keep the value synchronized between the issue and the page if needed), including any Date Time picker.

The app is free for 30 days, (and stays free if your instance is under 10 users), so feel free to give it a try, and don't hesitate to tell reach our Support if you have any question.

Regards,

Julien

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events