cascading select not on new screen

Krishna Pribadi July 3, 2019

@[deleted] When will this be resolved? I really needs this to work. We have over 400 items to list but they can be rolled up into 20 parent categories. It would make selection much easier for our team. Its understood that this can be accessed in the old view but that is a huge nuisance and discourages folks from using the field. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

Hello Krishna,

Welcome to Atlassian Community and thank you for your feedback. 

As you might know, the New Issue View is still a lab feature on JIRA, so we are still implementing some features like the Cascading field.

Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA to implement it in the New UI yet, however, you can vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates:

Custom fields created using the select List (cascading) Field type not visible

That been said, we completely understand that the new issue view is still lacking on some core functionalities, so we are not looking to enforce it until we have these lacks addressed and a more consistent view.

Let me know if you still have any other questions.

Krishna Pribadi July 15, 2019

thanks for the response. please keep us posted when an ETA is on the horizon. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2019

Absolutely, Krishna.

A new update will be added to the mentioned suggestion as soon as we have an ETA. Clicking to watch the suggestion, you will be notified by e-mail about the update.

Have a nice day. :)

John Minne September 14, 2019

Hello,

I'm just following up to note that this blocker bug is a major regression.  This affects mainly your growing and largest customers who would need a cascading list.

The bug is still sitting out as low and unassigned.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70961

Suggest an answer