can we customize the fields in issue collector?

rashami.abhyankar December 22, 2019

in issue collector i want to add fields like name, date, age, id number, ?

is it possible or issue collector has default fields?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pete Dunham December 22, 2019

Hi @rashami.abhyankar 

Yes this is possible.  You have to make sure that the fields you want to add appear on the Screen for the issue type (within the project) you are collecting into.

I have included some screenshots below with these details. In a Sandbox project I am collecting against a "Task" issue type.  The available fields in the collector are the fields within the Screen.

Here is the collector form below. You can see for a Task that I can add some fields like Description, or Priority. These fields currently exist in my screen (see "Custom Fields" section below): 

Screenshot 2019-12-22 21.18.23.png

But I you are asking, what if I have more fields?

Well, I go to the screen for "Task" as configured in my project.

I add "Access Justification" field which was not there for previous screenshot. This is just a custom field I had in my sandbox, so here "Access Justification" would equal your age, id, or whatever custom field you need etc.Screenshot 2019-12-22 21.19.29.png

Now, "Access Justification" my new custom field is available within my collector config (had to refresh this config page).

Again, "Access Justification" could really be any field.  In the screen shot below you can also see an additional benefit is that I can rename the field on my collector form. So I rename field description to "Rename Access Justification" which will collect into "Access Justification"

Screenshot 2019-12-22 21.19.49.png

I hope that help. Please accept this solution if this assists. 

-Pete

rashami.abhyankar December 22, 2019

Thank you so much. @Pete Dunham 

FrankC July 14, 2022

Hi @Pete Dunham !

Can you tell me why all the fields listed in the issue's configuration screen, like :

- Epic Name

- Summary

- Labels

are not available within the collector config fields list?

In your example, I see 15 fields for your Task but only 5 in the collector config. Why?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Abhi Singh February 15, 2023

Yes, I believe this has to do with a Jira quirk whereby we have to explicitly associate a field with a particular project workspace’s field configuration context:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-add-custom-fields-to-the-Issue-Collector-form/qaq-p/779195

Suggest an answer