How to add custom fields to the Issue Collector form

Wendy Thorneloe April 20, 2018

How do I add custom fields to the issue collector form?

I can't find a document with a step by step instruction

Thanks

Wendy

6 answers

7 votes

forgot to assign the field to the project. My fields appear now

1 vote
Wendy Thorneloe April 4, 2019

Yes the field has to be added to your issue type as well. Same place as fields. instructions above.

1 vote
Wendy Thorneloe September 26, 2018

Hi @Terry KennedyAdd the fields to the project your issue collector is part of.

You will then see them in the issue collector setup screen.

Wendy

0 votes
TaeJoon Kim July 5, 2023

Is there any way to fixed the value in custom field so that the user cannot change the value?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2023

@TaeJoon Kim - if you want to pre-select custom field values, consider a Jira Automation rule to set those values for the newly-created issues in that project, or newly-created issues that have that issue collector label.

0 votes
naama February 3, 2019

HI @Wendy Thorneloe

Could you perhaps share more details on how you were able to add the fields to the issue collector? i.e. what do you mean by 'Add the fields to the project your issue collector is part of'

Thanks a lot in advance

Naama

Wendy Thorneloe February 4, 2019

Hi

In Jira settings

Custom fields

Find your custom field

Click on the 3 dots ...

Select configure

Edit configuration

In Choose applicable Context select the project you want your field to appear in.

Then go to your project

edit issue collector

select the field so it shows on the form

Hope this helps

Like naama likes this
naama February 4, 2019

@Wendy Thorneloe

Thanks for that!

Stan Ry
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Howdy,

Thanks for the procedure. Could somebody please elaborate further on adding fields to issue collector? 

I am NOT seeing Custom fields setting anywhere in Jira settings. I am only seeing Fields.

Is that it?

Jira.Settings.Fields.png

Some of my fields do not appear in the Custom field list within the configuration settings for the Issue collector that I have created.

Do I have to attach fields to the issue type associated wtih Issue Collector by using the Fields screen?

Thanks.

Nathan Sansome July 28, 2021

Hi Stan,

I know it's been a while but anyway, this article here shows you where to find Custom fields:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-a-custom-field/

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Nate

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2018

You can find info on how to add a custom field to the Issue Collector form here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/advanced-use-of-the-jira-issue-collector-802592648.html

Hi

Thanks for the info but it doesn't tell me how to get my fields to show on the collector form. It only shows me how to set default values.

For example I want Due date field to show in the collector form

I have it on the improvement create form and it shows there when I create a regular issue in Jira but it doesn't show in the collector setup.

How do I get the fields I want to show up in the issue collector setup so I can select them to show on the issue collector form.

I figured it out!!

Atlassian documentation is good but sometimes they forget to explain the simple things.

Like # people like this
Terry Kennedy September 21, 2018

Any chance you could share how you ended up making it work?  I am trying to do the same thing.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

@Terry Kennedy - make sure you add the desired custom field to the "Create Issue" screen for that project.

Suggest an answer