can't see project components

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Viewing a project's components

I'm trying to browse project components in projects tagged service desk or software as I did before JIRA 7. This document says I can click on components on the left side bar, but I don't see the option. Only Business projects

image2016-6-8 11:56:35.png

2 answers

0 votes
Erik Jacobsen January 9, 2018

I'm having the same issue. Administrator Permissions on all projects, but only seeing Components (and a bunch of other settings) under Business type projects, not under Software or Service Desk. How can I view these other options??

I have tried logging out and back in after giving myself Admin Permissions on all projects and still no luck.

See screenshots:

Jira Component Issue 2.PNG

Jira Component Issue 2.PNGJira Component Issue.PNG

Erik Jacobsen January 9, 2018

When I use the "Where is my field?" help, the field is enabled but there are no components defined in the project. There's a link to go to Project Components configuration... but there is no components tab available...

Jira Component Issue 3.PNG

Erik Jacobsen January 11, 2018

For those out there with the same problem:

LOL there is not a Components tab on the sidebar for projects that are not of Business Type... but I found a way to access it anyways. The components page under the project is alive even though there is no tab to access it. I was able to access the Components, and add new one's by manipulating the URL.

i.e. 

Below is the link to a business type project which has components:

https://glofin.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/GF/administer-components

Here is the link to a software type project which does not have a components tab, but by using the same above URL structure I was able to access the page:

https://glofin.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/project-config/ON/administer-components

Notice the project names are different between the two URLs (GF and ON).

This is a ridiculous workaround that needs to be brought to JIRAs attention.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Please make sure, you have JIRA Project Administration Permission in that specific project.

Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2016

I know via project admin I can go see and edit components. for the view of components, do you know a way to add the option to software projects and service desk projects. Seems like only business tagged projects get the component list

JIRA Business project:

image2016-6-8 11:55:29.png

JIRA Service Desk:
image2016-6-8 11:56:13.png 

Suggest an answer