can't edit shared filter that i own

I have created a shared filter and shared it with a project but can't determine how I can now edit that filter. Please advise. 

• (v7.5.1#75006-sha1:7df2574) 

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Lex,

Take a look at the Using Filters documentation for steps to edit a filter:

Updating a filter

You can update the details – name, description, sharing, favorite – as well as the search criteria of an existing filter.

Please note that you can only update filters that you have created. To edit a filter that was shared with you, either clone (aka copy) the shared filter or ask your JIRA administrator to change the filter's ownership.

To update an existing filter:

1. Choose Issues > Manage Filters.
  2. Click the My tab. This tab displays all the filters that have been created by you.
  3. Locate the filter you wish to update, click the cog icon and select Edit from the dropdown menu.
  4. The Edit Current Filter page displays, where you can update the filter details as required. To change the sharing or favorite settings, refer to the relevant instructions below.

If the filter sharing functions shown above are not available to you, you probably do not have the Create Shared Object global permission assigned to you. Please contact your JIRA administrator to obtain this permission.
  5. Click Save to save your changes.

To update the search criteria of one of your existing filters:

1. Choose Issues > Manage Filters.
  2. Click the My tab. This tab displays the filters that you've created.
  3. Click the name of the filter to run it and display the search results.
  4. Update the search criteria as desired and rerun the query to ensure the update is valid. You will see the word Edited displayed next to your filter name.
  5. Click Save to overwrite the current filter with the updated search criteria. If you want discard your changes instead, click the arrow next to the save button and select Discard changes.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks for your guidance and help.

Cheers,

Lex..

It was my pleasure.  Let us know if you need anything else.

This widget could not be displayed.

"Manage filters" was moved to "View all filters" in the new UI. After i made a dashboard for my colleagues and share it, i couldn't find it too...

Werti_2018-05-29 11_44_53.jpg

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

113 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you