Take a look at the Using Filters documentation for steps to edit a filter:
Updating a filter
You can update the details – name, description, sharing, favorite – as well as the search criteria of an existing filter.
Please note that you can only update filters that you have created. To edit a filter that was shared with you, either clone (aka copy) the shared filter or ask your JIRA administrator to change the filter's ownership.
To update an existing filter:
- Choose Issues > Manage Filters.
- Click the My tab. This tab displays all the filters that have been created by you.
- Locate the filter you wish to update, click the cog icon and select Edit from the dropdown menu.
- The Edit Current Filter page displays, where you can update the filter details as required. To change the sharing or favorite settings, refer to the relevant instructions below.
If the filter sharing functions shown above are not available to you, you probably do not have the Create Shared Object global permission assigned to you. Please contact your JIRA administrator to obtain this permission.
- Click Save to save your changes.
To update the search criteria of one of your existing filters:
Choose Issues > Manage Filters.
Click the My tab. This tab displays the filters that you've created.
Click the name of the filter to run it and display the search results.
Update the search criteria as desired and rerun the query to ensure the update is valid. You will see the word Edited displayed next to your filter name.
Click Save to overwrite the current filter with the updated search criteria. If you want discard your changes instead, click the arrow next to the save button and select Discard changes.
Hopefully that helps!
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG