c.a.j.plugin.navigation.HeaderFooterRendering error in Catalina.out

Prince SOUNDARARAJAN November 19, 2017

G'day,

I have the below error continously showing up in JIRA's tomcat log file catalina.out. I tried to search around, but there doesn't seem to be any answers to this. There are a few versions of this which I found online, but they didn't quite fix the below problem.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be very welcome. 

2017-11-19 20:08:30,996 http-nio-8085-exec-14 ERROR anonymous 1208x28533x1 - 17x.x9.x36.x2 / [c.a.j.plugin.navigation.HeaderFooterRendering] Unable to include web panel in context 'atl.header' from class 'com.atlassian.plugin.web.descriptors.DefaultWebPanelModuleDescriptor.ContextAwareWebPanel' because of 'null'

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

Hi!

There are a few things that can cause this error to occur.

The most likely is a plugin, we've seen that the "Announcer for Jira" plugin is one of the most often causes of this error. Can you check if you are using this plugin and if you are, try disabling it?

If this doesn't solve the issue we would recommend trying to disable other plugins to see if any are causing the problem.

In other cases we've seen load balancers or proxy servers that cause this.

Hope this helps get you on the right track!

Best regards,
Brian

Prince SOUNDARARAJAN November 20, 2017

Thanks Brian, Disabling Announcer for Jira seems to have done the trick. However do you know any alternative plugins for Announcer where we don't get this problem.

Maurice
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

I'm not aware of any plugins that offer all the abilities of the Announcer for Jira plugin.

I would recommend reaching out to the Announcer for Jira Support to have the problem checked from their side. They may be aware of the issue and working on a fix.

Best regards,
Brian

Pontus Axelsson November 27, 2017

Hi @Prince SOUNDARARAJAN,
As a work around you could disable the "Meta redirect" module in the Wittified Announcer for JIRA plugin.

Br
Pontus

Suggest an answer