bugs and sub-bugs view in backlog

Natalia Caban November 8, 2019

Hi,

I'm not able to see bugs and sub-bugs in backlog. I use scrum board.

In board settings> general> filter, I edited query and chose 'type: all', although still bugs and sub-bugs are not visible in the backlog. 

I also checked and in query add creator, I was able to see tasks which were created by this person, although bugs and sub-bugs were still not visible.

If I would like to add bug to the board, I need to add the whole story which doesn't make sense for me.

Any advice?

2 answers

0 votes
joe weiss November 8, 2019
  1. What is the query/filter for your board?
  2. What columns do you have created in your board?
  3. What statuses do you have mapped to your columns?

project = name AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes()) ORDER BY Rank ASC

if I will change to:
project = name AND issuetype in (Bug, "Sub-task bug") ORDER BY Rank ASC

still it's not visible in backlog (backlog is empty)

2. to do, in progress, ready to test @techoneway, done

3. backlog, in progress, ready to test on test, done

if you run 

project = NAME and issuetype = Bug

do you get results?

I get result on backlog, althouth I still don't see sub task bug. I mean, I can see bugs

Check out this thread

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-show-the-subtasks-in-the-backlog-sprint-tree/qaq-p/412630

You can add sub-task to your 'card layout' for your backlog but you cannot view sub-tasks without your list.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

I assume that bugs and sub-bugs are issuetypes. Can you share your boards filter? My first suspicion is that the filter is excluding these issuetypes.

project = name AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes()) ORDER BY Rank ASC

if I will change to:
project = name AND issuetype in (Bug, "Sub-task bug") ORDER BY Rank ASC

still it's not visible in backlog (backlog is empty)

Suggest an answer