backUp jira

Laith Ata August 5, 2019

I'm planning to backUp jira. What should I consider?

I know that should do the backup with native tools from the database and not with xml.

The XML backup includes all data in the database. However, it does not include the attachments directory, Jira application home directory, or Jira application installation directory, which are stored on the filesystem.

Does the native backup form the database include the attachments, attachments directorys?

What should I also consider for the restoring part?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2019

@Laith Ata ,

Database backup does not contain any attachments, you need to follow some other methods to backup home directory.

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2019
Laith Ata August 5, 2019

And how do I restore the attachments with the right directorys? 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2019

Attachments need to be restored into the directory the JIRA configuration points to. 

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2019

Yes, you need to restore all the files including attachments, avatars etc. I would say entire home directory 

Laith Ata August 6, 2019

Thank you very much! 

0 votes
Hannah Weider June 22, 2022

Hey there! If you're searching for an easier solution to back up and restore your data, we built Rewind for Jira Cloud to solve this exact problem. Our app offers automated backups and self-serve restores. We're now in the Atlassian Marketplace, so feel free to check out the app and try it free for 7 days. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

Suggest an answer