automatic ticket opening

Marijana Nikolic May 24, 2021

Hello,

Is automatic ticket opening possible?

Can you help me with this?

What is important is that I do not know the users in advance and I cannot tell them to create tickets on the portal. Users contact us via email.

Please help, I'm stuck here.

Thanks,

Marijana

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Yes, there are lots of ways to automate the creation of issues (or requests if you're using Service Manangement)

What do you want to trigger the creation of your automated issues/requests?  Is it just incoming email?

Marijana Nikolic May 24, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your fast reply.

Yes, it is just incoming email.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Ok, great, best thing you can do is set up an incoming email channel for them - this does all the work of "email arrives, create a request (and issue behind it)" from it in JSM.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/managing-the-email-channel-939926306.html

If you're not using Service Management, then you don't have channels, but you can use "email handlers" to process incoming emails into issues.

Marijana Nikolic May 25, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  can you please send me a screenshot or step by step?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/managing-the-email-channel-939926306.html  This leads me to email handlers and that’s where we got to the step where we have a default user, I can't check the Create User option.

I should receive emails at support@agremo.comimage (1).png

or is there an option to put some of these emails in my support@agremo.com group and it works normally, I think it opens my tickets and my users receive my answers?

Kind regards,

Marijana

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

I don't know what you think a screenshot would tell you that the docs do not.

Where are you stuck on adding a new email handler?

Marijana Nikolic May 26, 2021

Screenshot_67.pngScreenshot_68.png

I'm stuck here.

I can't select the create user option and I don't want to be the Default Reporter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

What do you mean by "can't select"?  It's a simple check box that you should be able to tick (or untick) by a click

I know that, but nothing happens when I select that checkbox.

I did a little research and found it to be a bug. but I don't know what other way is for my tickets to open automatically (incoming emails from users).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

There's no bug there that I can find, I'm not sure what you are expecting to happen if you set it.

Great, can you tell me then why I can't save that change? when I click Create user nothing happens, I can't save it. why does this happen if there is no bug? Now I really don't understand. 

Regards,

Marijana

Maybe this has nothing to do with what I'm doing, but I can't choose that option. I mean Create user option and I really need help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

I think there's something wrong with your browser - yes, there's a bug with email handlers, but it's not causing what you are seeing, so there's something else wrong here, 

Suggest an answer