assign field on create form

Davor October 26, 2016

I dont know why, but i cant manage to set up that all users see assigne on create issue form.

Some users see the filed, but others cant.

NOTE: They have the permission to assign users

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

The only things that control the assignee field in JIRA is whether it's on-screen and if you have "assign user" permission, not to be confused with "can be an assignee" (you can do more with some add-ons - field security for example)

Permissions can be quite complex, so

1. Read the permission scheme again and make sure the rules allow everyone to assign
  2. Check the workflow - are there any permission related properties on the status?

Davor October 27, 2016

Thanks for answer, but i still cant manage to solve it...
It is not the problem with permissions or the screen 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2016

Then you have an add-on or a hack altering it.

Davor October 27, 2016

Probably, because with same permission scheme on other project it is working normal.
The problem is that i cant figure it out, or what could cause assignee not showing on screen 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2016

Ok, the two I know that can do it are the Behaviours part of Script Runner and Quisapps Field Security - are either of those installed?

Davor October 27, 2016

Noup, any other idea or settings inside the system that could cause this

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2016

No, in the system it really is just the "assign user" permission if it is on-screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2016

Although, could your users check the list of available fields for themselves?  The box at the top right

Davor October 27, 2016

Sorry, i figured out.

It was different Issue Type screen so...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2016

Ahh, bother!  I had not thought to ask to check that they were using the same project and issue-type

Davor October 27, 2016

Thanks for your help...

Suggest an answer