add fields to a csv export

Nicolas Pfeiffer January 8, 2021

Is it possible to add certain fields to the csv export ?

more specifically I'd like to add types and components of linked issues columns in my export.

thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Yes and no.

Yes you can add whatever fields you like to the exports.

But, no in this case, because you can only add fields from the issue being exported.  Fields on other issues are not part of the current issue, so they cannot be exported as part of the current issue.

You can probably see where I am going with this - if you can come up with a way to pull the linked issue data into the current issue as though it is part of the current issue, then you will be able to export it.  I do this with "scripted fields", which you can do with a few of the scripting or automation apps. (Obviously I just use the Adaptavist option as I work here)

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2021

Yes, just add the fields column in your current search page. run the jql query. Then export with the current fields.

Suggest an answer