a specific user cannot complete a sprint

Rosana Casilli February 22, 2021

hi all!!

I have a problem with an user. 

When he want to close a sprint, it is greyed out. But for the other members of the project it is not and they can complete a sprint if they want.

I have checked the filter, the project assigned to the board  and also I have created a "Sprint Manager" role associated to a group of user where the one that can't close the sprint is included, but still nothing.

Any ideas? 

thanks in advance 

Ro

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

Hi @Rosana Casilli

could you please be so kind and double check with following JQL query if somebody assigned an issue to the sprint that cannot be closed by your colleague?

Sprint = "MySprint"

(MySprint would have to replaced by the current Sprint name the colleague is not able to close).

If there appears an issue from a foreign project he does not have permissions to manage sprints this results in the greyed out button.
On the other hand this would mean the colleagues that could close the spint do have permission in the other project. So, in first step please check if there are any - besides them from the project the person is intentionally working with for this board.

Cheers,
Daniel

Rosana Casilli March 1, 2021

hi Daniel!!!

thanks for your answer!!

I have checked if there is any issue from another proyect as result of the JQL query and all the issues are related to the proyect itself.

0 votes
Rosana Casilli February 23, 2021

Hi Jack!! thanks for the answer!

This are the screenshots:

Sprint Manager role:

sprintmanagerrole.PNG

Role assigned to the permission scheme of the project

permission.PNG

The board has only one project

tablero.PNG

thanks in advance 

Ro

I forgot to tell you that I have checked that the user has the permission and he does

inspector.PNGand as you can see there is any failure when checking the permissions

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2021

The user will need to have Manage Sprint permissions. It seems you are saying the do? Can you please provide some screenshots of this. For example where the user is in the "Sprint Manager" role AND where Sprint Manager has permissions for the project. Also, ensure if this scrum board covers more than one project please check the Manage Sprint permissions for each project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

Pulling the discussion back into this thread. 

Can you confirm the user is in the ISBA group? That seems to be the group that the board is shared with? Does this user have all other permissions for the project? What if any differences exist with this user when compared with those that can manage the sprint?

Hi jack

The user is in the ISBA group, and yes he has all other permissions for the project. 

the only difference with the other users that can close a sprint is that he has the sprint manager role assigned in this project. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2021

Wait, so are you saying that the users that can manage the sprint are not in the Sprint Manager role? If that is the case then what role/group are they in that allows them the permission? I’m scratching my head here but would suggest trying as a test at least to have the user mirror the others in an attempt to zero in on the cause.

Sorry, my mistake. They all have the sprint manager role. But there is only one user that can't complete the sprint (the button is grayed out)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events