You do not have permission to assign issues - problems with automation tool

Deleted user April 20, 2015

Hello,

I have a automation rule (for setting a due date) which has nothing to do with the assignment of an issue but as error I get "You do not have permission to assign issues".

Can anybody give me a hint what can cause such an error?

7 answers

2 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

Hey Tom,

probably you don't have to "schedule issue" permission in the project.
Please check the permission scheme of the project - Administration -> Project -> Permission scheme and then check the groups / roles in the scheme. If your user isn't mentioned there (or group / role) edit this and write your user hard in there.

Please let me know if this was the problem 

Greets
Simon 

1 vote
Valiantys July 21, 2015

Hello,

Check the username of the user that executes the rule. For example in my case, "Admin" (the real username) didn't work, and "admin" worked.

Then, check that the option "Allow variable expansion" is enabled.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Christon Khong July 24, 2015

I just tried this and it works. Before, I had it properly spelled as "Automated User" (how it properly appears) and it would make the comment but not transition. After, I spelled the user as "automated user" and it transitioned the issue as well as commented. This was the expected behavior all along.

0 votes
Philip Portnoy September 10, 2015

Hello,

you probably have a screen configured for a transition you're trying to execute in Automation.

You won't be able to transition an issue using transition with a screen via Automation and will get "You do not have permission to assign issues" error.

Remove the screen from the transition and it should work.

0 votes
Miguel Angel Perez September 3, 2015

Hi, 

I want transition issue and appear the same error: "You do not have permission to assign issues"

I add this permission to user and it works fine but this permission not is necesary for this action (I can do this action manually without the permission).

Best regards

0 votes
Tim Kikke May 26, 2015

Is there any update? This is blocking our upgrade path which we need to resolve another issue with the automation plugin sad

0 votes
Wojciech Przybylski May 20, 2015

Can someone respond to this issue?

BR

0 votes
Wojciech Przybylski May 14, 2015

Hi I just tried this what You proposed, but still not working. 

I run: JQL Filter Trigger. I tried to execute the same rule manualy and it works fine. Only by Automation it is not working. Any hints how to resolve it? 

None

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events