Xray document generator export images

Enrico Stabile February 15, 2022

I created a template to generate document out of jira tickets, but it does not export images, which always appear like

!5868f601-1c70-4dd9-99a2-babdb27ee657#media-blob-url=true&id=35660305-ef84-
4eeb-80ee-d50ebd3473ad&collection=contentId-2022605042&contextId=2022605042

Did any of you manage to export also picture with the xray document generator? how?

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Enrico Stabile 

The document generator was designed only to export Xray-related information, so it is not expected to export data from Jira issues that have no relationship with Xray.

If you need to export information from any issue type, I would advise our other app Xporter which can export data from Jira issues and also includes several other features like Multi-action Post Function, Agile integration, upload reports to file servers, and integration with other apps from the marketplace (such as Smart Checklist, Issue Checklist, Gliffy Diagrams, Table Grid, Tempo Timesheets, and Xray).

You may find the app documentation here: https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/About+Xporter+for+Jira+Cloud

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

houssk May 25, 2022

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter  I have the same problem with xporter; it doesn't export image .

Kind regards,

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

@houssk What file format are you trying to export images to?

Sune Vester Lindhe January 2, 2023

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter 

I think it is Xray-related information that needs to be exported - namely screenshots that have been added to the test steps. Is it really true that only metainformation about the images can be exported, but not the actual image itself?

Br, Sune

Suggest an answer