XRay - Using Cucumber Scenarios in XRay in Jira, makes my tests run twice

Daniel Gonzalez July 13, 2018

I am using Cucumber in my testing framework and I use your API to create the tests in Jira-Xray, using the Import Test API

My surprise comes when I run my automation in Jenkins (using the XRay plugin), and see that the tests are run twice! Once because of the Jira test, and twice because of my feature file.

Facing that, I thought that I could delete the "Export Test" part from Jenkins, import the tests in Jira everytime I run them, and then keep the "Import results". But then it turns out that it does not like the report.

So my question is (after two days investigating), is there a way of having the tests in Jira and in the feature file, and at the same time, every tests just run once, plus the reports as well?

Thanks a lot! :)

2 answers

0 votes
Driss Biaz November 13, 2018

Hello Danial,

could you please ecplain how you  run your automation tests with Jenkins i'm so curious to know thanks a lot ( if you have screen shoots it weel bee great)

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 19, 2018

Hi Daniel,

We advise you to follow this follow: https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Testing+with+Cucumber#TestingwithCucumber-StandardCucumberworkflow

You need to export the Tests from JIRA, so they can be tagged properly with the issue keys, so that we can report correctly the results afterwards.

Before exporting Tests from JIRA (i.e. generating the feature files), make sure that the workspace directory, where you export them to, does not have any feature files (you may add some step in Jenkins for that).

Best regards,

Xray Team

Eric Dantas January 3, 2023

Both links, from Jose Domingues and Michael Rose, are broken. :(

Suggest an answer