Would like to change status in a workflow without breaking my filters

Julien Guilbert December 3, 2020

Is-it possible to change a status in a workflow without breaking my filters ?

For example, I change "Draft" to "To Do" and i would like my filter below always return the same issues.

JQL : type = "Test Execution" and status = DRAFT

Thanks !

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2020

Hi Julien,

the filters will break definitely break.

In case you do not want to cancel the idea you just can lower the burden of filter inventory using an App which makes the assessment faster.
This means, you get a quick overview of the filters (assuming you do not have this overview already) but the "real" work (adjusting the filters) will not go away.

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020

Hi @Julien Guilbert 

As far as I'm aware, renaming the workflow would break the filter - I just tried it on cloud and it did break.

Depending on how many filters you have, could you not go through and make the change then re-sav the filter?

Regards, Liam

Julien Guilbert December 3, 2020

Thanks Liam. 

We have more than 5000 filters on our datacenter instance so it's a bit complicated to identify the affected filters and update them :D

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

Well that sounds like an administrative nightmare :D

It may be possible - you could try doing a test in a test project, or with an unused workflow.  But it isn't something I've ever seen

Suggest an answer