Workflow with approval and multiple managing users

Marcus Woller April 7, 2021

Hi all,

i created a workflow with approval and set 2 users to approve the requests.

My question:

at the moment both users need to approve the request to go on. Is there a way that just one of the two or X users need to approve to go on?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Marcus Woller ,

You should be able to head over to your approval step in your workflow and hit 'Configure' at the 'Add approval' option in the right sidebar. Within the popup, you can decide whether all approvers are needed or just a specific number:

community_configure-approval.PNG

Cheers
Thorsten

Marcus Woller April 7, 2021

Hi @Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_  @Dirk Ronsmans ,

thanks your fast respons. Thats what I was looking for :)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

Hi @Marcus Woller and welcome to the community,

Unfortunatly this is not something can be set dynamicly. But you do have the option on the workflow step where you require approval to change the approval options.

• what field to get the approvers from
  • how many approvers need to approve (a number or all)

So on a workflow/workflow step this is fixed (all of course will be somewhat dynamic).

A work around could be to use multiple workflow steps (in which you either set 1 approval or all) or use an app that take the approval process out of the out of the box set up.

So yes, you can change it so only one approver is required or a number besides "all" but it will always be that number for this specific workflow/workflow step

Suggest an answer