Workflow to update status in linked issues in nextgen

Dennis Green-Lieber February 17, 2021

Hi Community,

I'm building a bug triage system where I have 2 projects one for the Triage and one for the Development backlog. All of the basic workflows works but I'm facing a problem in nextgen workflows I can't get my head around.. 

1. When we add an issue to sprint in the Development, I want to update a status on the Parent in Triage pipeline, and add a comment.

2. When we start development in 2-3 status in the sprint I want to add notes to the triage ticket e.g Issue is now in QA, assign to XYZ. 

3. When we close it in development, we want to close the triage parent or if we close the parent in triage we close the linked issues. 

Bottom line I can't find the pattern to edit linked issues on status, again I use nextgen projects. 

Help is very appreciated, thanks in advance! 

Best, 

Dennis 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Dennis Green-Lieber,

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

I believe we can use Automation for Jira rules to update parent/child issues.

Unless there is something with Automation for Jira and nextgen projects that I am not aware of.

Dennis Green-Lieber February 17, 2021

Thanks, found the solution, i made Project based workflow vs Global so the workflow didn't have access to the linked issues in the scope of the workflow. 

Thanks for the input anyways!! 

Like mogavenasan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events