It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Workflow Transition: Validator for multicheckbox

Hi everybody,

I have a multicheckbox custom field with two possible options. In a certain workflow transition I want to check with a validator, whether both options of the multicheckbox are checked. Otherwise, the transition should not be feasible and an error message schould be shown.

I´ve already tried to fix the problem with the "Fields required (JSU) - validator", but there is no possibility to handle multicheckboxes regarding the values. Perhaps it is possible via the groovy script runner, but unfortunately my groovy skills aren´t good enough. 

Can somebody give me a code example to create such a validator or has someone an alternative solution?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards

Dennis

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Dennis S_

You can use simple scripted validator on this transition with condition like this

cfValues['My Multi Checkbox']*.value.contains("value1") && cfValues['My Multi Checkbox']*.value.contains("value2")

this will check if checkbox field have value1 and value2/

It works perfectly! Thanks for your support, Mark.

Is there a way to handle it using CURL 

Sorry to necro this thread

you can also use containsAll instead of a bunch of &&

cfValues['My Multi Checkbox']*.value.containsAll("Reminder Value1","Value2") 

much cleaner

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you