Workflow Conditions - Can I check the value of a checklist field?

dpasacrita June 10, 2021

Hi, I assume there's a way to do this but it's not exactly intuitive. Basically I have a checklist field, and I want to set a condition on the workflow to allow a transition only if that checklist has every item checked off.

Is there a way to set this? I'm a little confused how I would go about it, as the form for adding the condition is very simple and doesn't really take into account what kind of field it is. I can only compare strings, numbers, and dates. I tried just a simple comma separated list in the order that I have the checklist, but that didn't work.

Is there any way to do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2021

@dpasacrita 

If you are using your own custom field, I guess some help from a third-party app providing additional validators might be needed (so you can parse the custom field in the validator and add your own logic). 

But, the exact case you need can be achieved with the Issue Checklist Free app created by my team.

Here is the documentation that explains how to use a built-in validator in Issue Checklist Free that stops transition if the checklist is not complete: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/728039472/Block+workflow+transition+if+checklist+is+not+complete

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jack

dpasacrita June 11, 2021

Thanks! I usually don't like answers recommending apps, but the free version of yours does everything I need it to. I can set the checklist template as a default on a specific issue type, and block the Done transition until all items are completed.

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 11, 2021

Great to hear it helps!

I wouldn't recommend our app if it didn't match your needs perfectly. 

It grows so fast that we don't need to advertise it at all. 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2021

I don't believe there is a way to do this with the native JIRA Cloud functionality.

A 3rd party app, like Adaptavist Scriptrunner, could extend the functionality available in setting workflow conditions. I used that app at a different employer where we had JIRA Server and found it was very useful, but it does extend a lot of Jira functionality and may be more than you want or need.

Suggest an answer