Widget displays This app doesn't have permission to browse users

Fabiola De la Cueva June 7, 2018

I am trying out JIRA Service Desk. 

I am trying to set up the Widget.

I already made sure that jira-servicedesk-users have "Browse Users" permissions. However, addon_com.atlassian.serviceesk.embedded does not show under jira-servicedesk-users and I cannot manually add the user.

You can see the error that I am getting:

app doesnot have permissions.jpg

And this image shows that the jira-servicedesk-usres does have the Browse Users and Groups permission.

group DOES have permissions.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabiola De la Cueva June 9, 2018

Open a support ticket and they took care of it.

They went in and added the user to the group.

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

Nice. Happy to hear it's resolved!

0 votes
Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2018

Are you sure you're in the global settings? My thinking is you're likely doing this on the project-level. 

This looks like Global Permissions to me. It says so on the URL.

I highlighted the URL address and the section of the picture that I had included earlier where it shows that Browse users and groups does list jira-servicedesk-users

Global Permissions.jpg

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Doesn't look like it - Global permissions will have the label "Global Permissions" on top. To get there: Hit the Settings cog on your dashboard > Hit System > Global Permissions. 

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Actually, that is - just doesn't have the label on top. You can tell based on the permission set available there. 

This time, I scrolled all the way to the top,

I highlighted where it says Global Permissions, please not that it is the same URL as before

This is Global Permissions.jpg

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

I reread your issue - the solution should be to go into your user management and to filter users by "System Users" instead of "active users" - then add the 'user' addon_com.atlassian.serviceesk.embedded to the group. 

This is a system user, so all the controls are disabled and grayed out. Please see image below:

Jira Service Desk Widget with Disabled controls.jpg

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Interesting - you'll notice that the Service Desk box is ticked as well meaning that the user is already added to the group. 

Seems the way to do it is to check the service desk group itself and double check he's not in there - if not, try to add the user from the group screen "Add User to group". 

If that doesn't work, i'm at a loss and you should open a ticket with Atlassian. 

Alec,

Thank you for your patience. 

We have gone full circle now. I cannot add a system user to a group. I get the following error

Add system user is not possible.jpg

I will contact Atlassian. I wanted to make sure it was not something obvious that I was missing.

Thanks,

Fab

Alec Jasanovsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2018

Yeah I just tried it on my staging environment, sorry i couldn't be more helpful! Good luck!

Shannon Smith September 18, 2018

@Fabiola De la Cueva

Did you get this resolved? I have the exact same issue

Like Remi Arquier likes this

Suggest an answer