Why user status is different in my organizations?

Rodrigo Campos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2022

We are developing an app and when checking users page we noticed that each organization has different status (refer to below image). 
Why is this different? How can be changed?
userstatus.jpg

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2022

Hello @Rodrigo Campos

Thank you for reaching out.

Checking the screenshots you provided, I can confirm that the first screenshot is from an Atlassian organization that is currently migrated to use the new user management experience, while the second screenshot displays another organization that was not migrated yet.

The New user management experience is an upgrade that was announced on 20th September 2021 and will move the management of users to the organization level instead of the site level, providing additional administration levels and options to manage users.

Atlassian is following the logic below to implement this new experience:

1. New organizations created after 20th September 2021 are using this new experience by default
  2. We're currently implementing the new experience in batches to all the existing organizations created before September 2021. Once an organization is selected for migration, a banner is displayed on https://admin.atlassian.com for approximately 30 days before the change, including our public page link describing the changes that will be applied.

You can check the documentation below for more details about the changes that are being implemented with the new experience:

Cloud admins now have more control over their User Access Settings 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events