Why some statuses are not available on Stop condition SLA

Daniel Alonso March 7, 2018

I'm configuring SLAs and I want that the time stops when issue is in certain statuses, but they are not available on Stop conditions. Why are this status only available for Pause on?

slas.png

1 answer

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Which SLA are you configuring? As a side note, you might want to look at using "Closed" as the end point status to finish counting time. That's how many Service Desks work. There is an automation rule you can use to close after 10 days once the resolution has been set to make sure all your workflows hit that end point, and then you have clean data to work with in reports.

Carolyn

Daniel Alonso March 9, 2018

Thank you Carolyn,

I'm creating a new SLA to count how many time an issue stays on 'Approval' statuses then send an email to the Approver(s) if the issue remains more than 2 days in that Status, so I wanted to stop the SLA counting with the issue is in declined or some other statuses related to Approvals.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2018

Hi Daniel,

So is Declined an end point to the Approval flow then? It sounds like maybe you could solely use "Status: Declined" to finish counting time. I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up in the "Stop:" column. If you delete it from the "Pause on:" column, will it show up in the "Stop:" column then?

Daniel Alonso March 19, 2018

It doesn't show either I set them like that just as an example. Perhaps only Status on the DONE category are shown on the Stop conditions, I will do more test and post it here, thanks for your response.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2018

Yes, I'm curious too- let me know what your testing yields. I will do more testing around this too. Thanks, Carolyn

Kiva Bostrom May 6, 2021

Hi, I am curious if anyone resolved this issue? I am currently migrating an instance to the cloud jira, and I am trying to copy over an existing SLA on our hosted instance, but even after adding all of my custom statuses, they are not available in the "Finish counting time when..." pull down menu. Is there some trick to importing statuses into that pull down? 

Suggest an answer