Why should a plugin (RMsis) have key or reverse proxy information to work properly?

Deleted user June 5, 2012

Most plugins can simply be downloaded and they work. When downloading RMsis it brought me through configuration steps that it would consider unnecessary. Our JIRA installation sits behind an Apache server that accessed through https, and therefore it was necessary to specify reverse proxy URLs. In which cases, or for what plugins, are these kinds of informations necessary?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

From the documentation:

From version 1.3.0 onwards, it is not required to explicitly download and install RMsis. Administrators can install directly from Plugin Install option provided in the Administration menu. Internally, the plugin still comprises of two parts

• a plugin, which installs alongside JIRA.
  • A separate RMsis application with it's own embedded Tomcat server.

So it is probably the fact that the plugin functionality is provided by a separate application. It is causing some headaches; basically it is not working, but I don't know if this is the reason. Feel free to comment.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2012

Definitely then - if it's another server, and not just a plugin, then it needs a way to talk to your Jira. Hence the need for you to open up a route for that communication

0 votes

RMsis is a plugin for requirements management: http://products.optimizory.com/rmsis

According to the documentation the plugin install it's own Tomcat server, maybe that's why. Is it a good idea?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2012

If it's using the REST interface, it needs to know how to get to the data. I've no idea what RMsis is, but I'm guessing it probably includes a "gadget", many of which use network connections into Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events