Why resolution field doesn't exist?

Jason Liu December 26, 2021

Hi, we have a self-built Jira platform and the system showed resolution field does not exist. We didn't see it in the issue page. Is there any reason of this?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

Hello Jason, 

Resolution filed is a system field so it can't be deleted.

Have you checked your screen? 

You need to go to your project settings -> Screens -> Check which screen scheme are you using and the screens associated with it.

You can go to the admin console or you can directly open those screens and edit them, what you need to make sure is that the resolution filed is associated with them.

If that's okay, go to filed configuration and check that field is not hidden.

BR, Olga

Jason Liu December 29, 2021

Yes, it was hidden. Thank you so much.

Like Olga Videc likes this
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

It's possible when the system was implemented it was never put on a screen. I only put it on the pop-up screen used in the  transition where I want it set. I would verify it isn't on that screen, which is only in the workflow transition, not in the screen scheme. It's also possible it isn't on any screen because it is being set with a post function when closing the issue. 

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

Hi Jason,

You will probably need to describe your problem a little more. When does this problem appear to you? During Workflow events? When closing an issue?
You may be using a misconfigured Worfklow Post-function that points to a non-existent Custom field (in this case, the Resolution field).

Pavel

Irina Lemus October 14, 2023

I have a similar issue. In my case I see the field assigned to the project in the screens setting but when I try to add it to the form template/view it doesn't ever show up. The fields is not hidden it doesn't come up when I try to configure/add it to the template. What am I missing?

Suggest an answer