Why my activity stream is empty?

Krystian Szczesny March 15, 2015

Hello

I've installed a new instance of JIRA 6.3, and I wanted to add activity stream gadget to my dashboard.

I've created one without any filters with update interval of 15minutes, however nothing shows up in it.

I've got plenty of issues now, some comments, some commits - but the activity stream is still empty.

Is there anything I can do to make it work properly?

I looked into the logs (catalina.out) and there's nothing suspicious in there.

Like I've mentioned, this is a clean installation of Jira.

1 answer

1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2015

Please check if one of the solutions in a previous answer to this type of question works for you.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/74181

Krystian Szczęsny March 22, 2015

Norman, It took a while but I have checked all of the answers/hints from the above and none of it helped. This issue affects all users, however my sys admin user has jira-users group added which is listed under global permissions. So this is ok. My base url config is ok, it's the exact url I use in browser. I've made a check using integrity checker and all of them passed. I've checked using incognito mode, nada. This is a fresh install so it wasn't hard to go through the issues - they are ok. I've tuned on Debug logging, but my catalina,out has no errors/stacktraces and when refreshing the dashboard/gadget there's nothing suspicious logged: 2015-03-21 15:27:15,073 StreamsCompletionService::thread-273 DEBUG krystian 927x10305x1 1515pg5 [external ip],[internal ip] /plugins/servlet/streams [org.objectweb.jotm.jta] Current.getStatus() Any other clues on what could cause this?

Krystian Szczęsny March 29, 2015

I've upgraded to 6.4 and still nothing. Any tips will be welcomed!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2015

I would contact Atlassian support for their help. My guess is either permissions or firewall issues. Atlassian support should be able to resolve your issue.

Suggest an answer