Why is the 'sysadmin' account adding plugins to my JIRA configuration?

I logged in to my JIRA account to day to find the following message displayed at the top: "System Administrator made configuration changes in section 'Plugins' at 23/Jun/13 11:16 PM. It is recommended that you perform a re-index. For more information please see the JIRA Documentation."

Who is the System Administrator, because I don't believe I have access to this account?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi Clifford,

I believe Jobin is entirely correct that this was a recent update to plugins in the OnDemand platform, most likely scripted by our developers, and this is why it appears that the "sysadmin" user, (which is the Atlassian controlled super-user), updated plugins in your AOD instance.

All the best,
John

1 vote

Are you by any chance on Atlassian onDemand. If so, that is the Atlassian admin account. And you are seeing messages on a recent plugin update on onDemand.

Yes, I am using Atlassian OnDemand. Ok, so I think what you're saying is that the plugin update is a global change that occurred across OnDemand systems and I shouldn't worry about it? Is that correct?

Yup, that's it.

Same thing here.

It's great that Atlassian team is doing updates (this is why we went the OnDemand way), but why was this re-indexing not done by Atlassian ?

Is there any impact (performances ?) or things we (i.e. end users) have to check before doing this re-indexing ?

Great info. Thanks for all of the assistance everyone!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

168 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you