Why is the 'sysadmin' account adding plugins to my JIRA configuration?

clifford June 24, 2013

I logged in to my JIRA account to day to find the following message displayed at the top: "System Administrator made configuration changes in section 'Plugins' at 23/Jun/13 11:16 PM. It is recommended that you perform a re-index. For more information please see the JIRA Documentation."

Who is the System Administrator, because I don't believe I have access to this account?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Hi Clifford,

I believe Jobin is entirely correct that this was a recent update to plugins in the OnDemand platform, most likely scripted by our developers, and this is why it appears that the "sysadmin" user, (which is the Atlassian controlled super-user), updated plugins in your AOD instance.

All the best,
John

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2013

Are you by any chance on Atlassian onDemand. If so, that is the Atlassian admin account. And you are seeing messages on a recent plugin update on onDemand.

clifford June 24, 2013

Yes, I am using Atlassian OnDemand. Ok, so I think what you're saying is that the plugin update is a global change that occurred across OnDemand systems and I shouldn't worry about it? Is that correct?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Yup, that's it.

0 votes
clifford June 26, 2013

Great info. Thanks for all of the assistance everyone!

0 votes
Stephan Fouchereau June 24, 2013

Same thing here.

It's great that Atlassian team is doing updates (this is why we went the OnDemand way), but why was this re-indexing not done by Atlassian ?

Is there any impact (performances ?) or things we (i.e. end users) have to check before doing this re-indexing ?

Suggest an answer