Why is structure plugin not displaying on the jira issue page?

One of our users when she opens an issue page, it doesn't display structure in it. However, a hard fresh (sometimes twice according to the user) displays it. I observed this on my machine too. Is there anything I'm missing here? But otherwise, thanks for a great plugin. Here are details:
machine OS: Win 7 Ent
JIRA version: 5.2.5
structure version: 2.5.3.jira5
IE :10
-Sri

3 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

If a certain user does not see Structure panel on an issue page, and with hard refresh (or after some time) they start to see it, this may be a known issue with permission caching. It is the case when the user initially a) did not have permissions to see the given issue; or b) did not have permissions to work with Structure. This state can be cached by Structure and refreshed only periodically.

This is a known issue, which is a side-effect of important performance optimization. Hopefully, it's not an often case when this confuses the user.

Kind regards,
Igor

Unfortunately, the problem is not resolved yet. The user (remote) says she is able to see the Structure in Issue Details only sometimes. Even the hard refresh doesn't help her other times (this after few months of using Structure). So perm caching may not be the problem.

The details stand as above except for IE: 8.

I'm attaching 2 mht files saved as text (and sanitized) when Structure is visible and NOT visible. Please let me know any other info that might help to resolve this.

(Structure visible in Issue Details page.txt)

(Structure NOT visible in Issue Details page.txt)

The issue may or may not show up on the structure depends how it was created.

- If the issue is created using the standat Create Issue button in JIRA it won't show on the structure. It has to be added to the structure afterwards
- If you create the issue directly from the struction it will show there.

Thanks Peter and Igor. There is a possibility internet connections of the user is slow. I'm not sure if its a contributing factor, but I will let my users know what Igor has to say on caching perms.

Great plugin, thx Igor. My users are delighted to see the structure widget and manipulations possible on it.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

106 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you