Why is JIRA forgetting my filter?

Hi!

Problem is as follows:

1) I have a load of tickets

2) I create a filter to see just some of them

3) When I go into one of the tickets, I see it's number in the filter search top right (e.g. 1 of 23)

4) Sometimes, I don't know when, when I click the down button to go to the next ticket in the search, or "Return to search results" JIRA "forgets" the filter and either takes me to the next issue in the whole database of issues, or takes me to the search window with the whole database of issues (50,000+ !!)

JIRA *used* to remember my filters but has just started going flaky.

What is happening?!!

Thank you

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

This happens if a status (or another filter attribute) changed after executing your query. When you turn back to your search the next (changed) issue is no more in your query result. Try to reproduce this case in your jira environment.

Thanks for replying. I now know when the problem occurs.

Everything is fine when I run a filter and, on the same tab, click into one result and start navigating back and forth through the tickets.

However, if I right-click some results and open them as tabs, then go to one of those tabs and start navigating back and forth through the tickets, *then* JIRA forgets my search. I changed *nothing* in the search criteria.

The way I deal with it at the moment is that, every time I change the search filter, I have to save it as a favourite search. Then, when JIRA forgets, I can always go back and reapply the filter. Not ideal, obviously.

This is a new problem that I've noticed occurring over the past week or so. I've been using JIRA for about 8 months.

EDIT: Also, if I open an issue in a new tab, then go to that new tab and click "Return to search", the JIRA forgets the filter too.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 8 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

21 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you