Why does board include versions that are not included in the board's filter?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

I have a scrum board in which I applied a filter that only includes specific fixversions. However, the scrum board shows all versions associated with the project (even though there are no issues associated with them since I excluded them from the filter). As with epics, I would expect only those fixversions that are applicable to my filter should be visible - e.g. only epics that are applicable to my filter appear.

How do I keep those fix versions from appearing on the board because they only cause confusion (e.g. there are 15 of them) because I'm pulling in data for a team that works across multple projects.

Same issue with our teams that work across projects in which we label their stories. If those teams have stories in four different projects, then every unarchived version associated with every project appear in the versions column. It should only display, as with epics, those relevant to the associated query.

1 answer

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2014

Hi Karie,

This is the current behaviour in JIRA Agile.

I have seen that you already created a ticket addressing this scenario:

Our developers will review it according to our Implementation of New Features policy.

Cheers,

Danilo

Suggest an answer