Why does JQL "timespent = > 3h" not return tickets in Service Desk project?

Catherine Jarosz December 14, 2022

I am trying to fix a queue to find service desk tickets that have more than 3h logged against them. There are many of these in the project, so results should be returned, but the filter returns no results. The same thing happens if I try to do this in Advanced search:

project = SD AND timespent >= 3h

That filter returns all other tickets that are over 3h for other projects if you remove the project filter, so it is the correct format.

I have all admin permissions and access required in Tempo and in the project, so I'm definitely able to view this data. 

This queue used to work - has "timespent" been deprecated for SD type projects?

2 answers

1 vote
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2022

Hi @Patrick Alexander 

I have tested this with JSM and non-JSM projects and it works in my system.

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 11.06.37.png

This may be related to Tempo settings. I found during a cloud migration this year, that the cloud tempo permissions are much more specific. I would double check your team/project perms on the service desk.

0 votes
Patrick Alexander December 14, 2022

Hi Catherine,

i tested the behaviour in our system and it also doesn't work.

What i get is a working querry when only givinng a number to it. So for example:

project = SD AND timespent >= 3

In this case it will count on 3 minutes. So maby as a workaround you can try this wirh 180?

Greetings

Catherine Jarosz December 16, 2022

Thanks for this but I've tried it and it still doesn't do anything! This is so frustrating.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events