Why cant I update SubTask summary?

Alvin Adams April 10, 2023

When I am within the subtask I am unable to change the summary. When I view it from the parent and try to click the pen to edit the summary, it gives me "Contact your admin for the Edit Issues permission to edit the summary." I am the admin, I have the permissions. I can change the summary on any parent ticket, just not the sub tasks. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Alvin Adams 

Welcome to the community.

1- Edit Issue permissions apply to the entire project. If you have the permission, you can edit the fields both in parent & subtask unless there is a workflow property which restricts issue edit in certain status. Please check it in the workflow and remove if it exists.

2- Please check project settings -> screens -> subtask edit screen page and check summary is editable.

Alvin Adams April 10, 2023

I found the answer. There must have been an update that summary has to be added to the screen to change it. I added it and now we can change. Thank you!

Like Adam MacDonald likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events