Why can't I sign into Jira Cloud Plugin in Mircrosoft Teams?

Gina Lambert September 7, 2022

I've added the Jira Cloud App to my Microsoft Teams account but it won't let me sign into my Jira account...
When I click sign in, it opens up the separate tab for me to put my credentials in, but the whole window stays white, my teams app then goes white, then the separate window closes and it goes back to the Jira Cloud chat. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, I've closed teams and reopened it, I've restarted my computer, and I've even waited until the next day to try again in case it needed some time. But none of these worked.

Please help - we use Jira Cloud within the company on a daily basis, as well as teams, therefore we're trying to get the team to all do this, and so far the issue has only seemed to occur for me...

sign in options.pngBlank credentials.pngBlank teams.png

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dhanush September 7, 2022

Hello @Georgina Lambert ,

Could you try Logging in to the Teams from a browser and try to complete the Sign in.
We had actually faced the same issue during the integration with Jira cloud from the Teams App.

Gina Lambert September 9, 2022

This worked! Thank you so much for the help, greatly appreciate it.

Like Dhanush likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Batrukh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2022

Hi @Georgina Lambert 

If you'll see blank screen issues in the future, please try to clear cache on desktop client as described here - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/troubleshoot/teams-administration/clear-teams-cache

This cache is not shared with the web client, that is why we can use a browser as a workaround.

Regards,
Volodymyr

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

It seems like a Teams or specific PC issue. Can you check with another user or different PC? Have you restarted Teams? This does not seem to be related to Jira.

Gina Lambert September 9, 2022

Hi, yeah I believe it was a teams issue in the end - it worked with my colleague on her PC. Thankfully the person's answer who I accepted had faced the same issue and was able to give me the solution they found worked so I've now been able to sign into Jira on Teams. Thank you for your response though :)

Suggest an answer