Why are we getting a GreenHopper REST method exception post JIRA upgrade

Deleted user November 23, 2014

Hi

We are currently testing a JIRA upgrade from Version 6.2.7 to 6.3.9.

The upgrade went through fine but when the system started again we could not navigate through the Agile boards.

The details view on the right hand side of the board remains blank and we cannot get any further details when attempting to interrogate the issue.

When accessing the Agile boards the red error box appears and changes from informing us of an internal server error to the following:

/rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/issue/details.json [web.rapid.issue.IssueResource] Unable to complete GreenHopper REST method
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.atlassian.jira.issue.transitions.TransitionLinkFactory cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.SimpleLinkFactory

The version of Agile updated to is 6.6.13.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

2 answers

0 votes
gangadhar mamillapalli May 10, 2015

am too getting this error on some of the boards. any resolution on this ?

/rest/greenhopper/1.0/xboard/issue/details.json [common.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
        at com.atlassian.jira.issue.thumbnail.DefaultThumbnailManager.getTempFile(DefaultThumbnailManager.java:3
0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2014

Hi Adam,

I have seen a similar behavior that was caused by other incompatible plugins. As you have just upgraded to 6.3.9, please make sure that there are no other plugins installed in this same instance that are not compatible with JIRA 6.3.9. smile

Cheers

Deleted user November 24, 2014

Hi Matt I went through the JIRA update checker before I commenced with the upgrade. None of those listed came up in the category of 'incompatible'. If that was the case, I would have gone down the versions until they were all compatible in some way or another. The only other plugins that are something to look into are those in the unknown category and I'm not sure about these: - Analytics Client Plugin - Atlassian Chaperone - Hipchat Core Plugin - Jira working hours plugin As the errors being produced in the logs are all relating to Green hopper, would this be the Agile Plugin? I'm not sure what the Transition Link Factory is? Thanks Adam

Deleted user November 25, 2014

Hi Another thing that may be of worth to note is that we also upgraded the Script Runner Plugin as well during this upgrade from v2.1.7 to v3.0.6. I was aware of the changes in this upgrade but it was required as we could not access the Behaviors plugin which we used and needed and that which had recently been integrated with script runner but could not be accessed unless upgraded. Please contact us if you have any queries. Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events