Why are avatars not showing in chrome

I have some users who see only the default avatar in Chrome. Using IE, they can see user avatars. What could cause this?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Henrique - that is very good advice, and I will try that if the issue comes up again. In this case, both users who were having issues had just done a fresh install of Chrome.

For some reason, clearing cache and history and restarting Chrome did the trick, so I cannot verify if incognito mode would have helped. I will keep that suggestion in mind for future use though.

Thank you

Renee,

It seems a browser plugin issue.

My suggestion is that you ask the users to try it again using the incognito mode on chrome.

The incognito start the navigation without any plugin enable, it’s an important step to perform to check where is the error.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

You're welcome!

If you face this issue again feel free to update this answer :)

Do you have a valid certificate for the server? We currently are using an invalid certificate for testing (sha1) and when I try to view the image I get the invalid cert message, clicking OK brought up the image, then refreshing the page showed the profile pic. Chrome is more sensitive to Invalid Certificates than IE.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

13 views 0 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you