Why are avatars not showing in chrome

Renee Aper June 8, 2014

I have some users who see only the default avatar in Chrome. Using IE, they can see user avatars. What could cause this?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Renee Aper June 8, 2014

Henrique - that is very good advice, and I will try that if the issue comes up again. In this case, both users who were having issues had just done a fresh install of Chrome.

For some reason, clearing cache and history and restarting Chrome did the trick, so I cannot verify if incognito mode would have helped. I will keep that suggestion in mind for future use though.

Thank you

1 vote
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2014

Renee,

It seems a browser plugin issue.

My suggestion is that you ask the users to try it again using the incognito mode on chrome.

The incognito start the navigation without any plugin enable, it’s an important step to perform to check where is the error.

Kind Regards,

Henrique Lechner

0 votes
Don Bardinelli June 20, 2018

Do you have a valid certificate for the server? We currently are using an invalid certificate for testing (sha1) and when I try to view the image I get the invalid cert message, clicking OK brought up the image, then refreshing the page showed the profile pic. Chrome is more sensitive to Invalid Certificates than IE.

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2014

You're welcome!

If you face this issue again feel free to update this answer :)

Suggest an answer