Why are accounts being de-activated

Grant Donovan January 12, 2021

What are the circumstances when a user account becomes de-activated

We have a user account that has api token generated.  The account is only used through api tokens, not by logging in.

This account becomes inactive and the api tokens no longer work, can this be stopped from happening

Thanks

Grant

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

are you asking about user accounts under admin > user management? I have never seen them being deactivated by any other means than an admin. Have you looked at the admin > system > audit logs to see if there is any clue? Do you have more than one admin and if so have you discussed w/ each?

Grant Donovan January 12, 2021

I am on cloud and I don't think I can see logs.  Yes, we have more than one admin and no, no one has done anything.  I wondered if there was a setting that revoked access after x days inactivity or something

That is right, thee are user accounts I created

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

there are limited logs you have access to (check the aforementioned location) and it does include actions associated w/ adding/deactivating accounts. To be clear are you saying you have a user that is "active" and later you go into User management and they are shown as "inactive". Or something else. There is nothing in the SW that automatically deactivates the user. Once you have done all the sleuth work you can including looking at logs I would refer you to Atlassian Support as they can log in and do more inspection.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events