Why am I no longer receiving JIRA ticket update notifications?

I just recently stopped getting email notifications for comments made in JIRA tickets that I am the project lead for, a watcher and a reporter of. This is happening across many projects. Please help.

7 answers

0 vote
Paulo Hennig Atlassian Team Jul 27, 2015

Hello Olivia,

Where there any changes on the made (e.g Notification Scheme) just before problem started to occur? 

I'd advice you to use the Notification Helper in order to get the right information about the problem root cause:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Admin+Helper#JIRAAdminHelper-NotificationHelper

This is happening across various projects and various tickets.

When I use that it indicates that I should be notified of ticket updates. 

Hi Olivia,

Have you amended your profile by any chance to stop yourself from recieving your own updates?

Profile> User Preferences >> Nofity me of my changes...

Are others getting your changes via email?

Hi there-

These are not changes that I am making to tickets it's changes that other are making. It seems like my email notifications indicating that changes have been made to a ticket just got shut off somehow and I can't figure out how to turn them back on. 

Hey smile

Can you see if its enabled? Within the Outgoing Mail screen within System> Mail

Atlassian did some work today, maybe upon a restart the mail didn't mangage to re-enable itself.

Darren

Outgoing mail is enabled. 

I would create a group put yourself in it and send a test email to that group from the same section you were in earlier: System > Mail > Send Mail

As that should work regardless of anything else.. At least figure out if anything is coming out...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

763 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you