Why I cannot see watchers

Hello,

I have a project with the "manage watchers" and "see watchers and votes" granted, also the "browse users" global permission.

But in the issues I cannot see the watchers, nor the button to add me as a watchers or to manage watchers.

I have read documentation and some answers to other people. I imagine something has to be activated to see the watchers features? I have taken a look at the fields configuration and haven't find anything there too.

Please help !

1 answer

1 accepted

Please check this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/watching-and-voting-on-an-issue-720416442.html

When adding watchers to an issue, to access:

• An autocompleted list of users in the Add Watchers popup, or
  • The User Picker popup on the Watchers page,

your JIRA administrator must have granted you the Browse Users Global Permission. If you do not have this permission, however, you can still add users by specifying their usernames in either:

• The Add Watchers popup or
  • The Add Watchers field on the Watchers page.

On top of this, your JIRA administrator must also ensure that JIRA's Allow users to vote on issues setting has not been switched off. (See Configuring JIRA Options for more information.)

It might be one of the things listed here.

You give me the key.

The "allow users to watch issues" was disabled.

Now it's working.

Thank you

No problem, glad it worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

156 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you