Why I cannot "delete this link" ?

Avi Ziv August 17, 2014

I am admin and had created a link between two issues.

I can see the "delete this link" option but link could not be removed.

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avi Ziv August 26, 2014

The problem was I was defined myself as Admin, but not as User. After adding myself to Jira-Users group the problem was resolved.

0 votes
Avi Ziv August 18, 2014

It seems to be a local problem in my PC.

In other PC with same Permissions, there is no problem !

Thanks.

0 votes
Avi Ziv August 18, 2014

There is no entry in the history.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014
If you click "delete link" is there afterwards any entry in the history?
0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

You can try awesome screenshot extention of chrome and remove all unneeded secure data - also create special test tickets that will not contain it and check link deletion on them.

Also please check that none of those 2 tickets is closed - maybe you have workflow setting that blocks editing.

0 votes
Avi Ziv August 17, 2014

Thanks for you tip about chrome, indeed I am using it.

I cannot update an image to free image hosting, because security reasons in our company.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

You can upload somewhere to free image hosting and then link with image button

0 votes
Avi Ziv August 17, 2014

Sorry, how to upload here an attachment?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

what happens if you press delete this link? could you share a screenshot?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

1. Could you share a screenshot?

2. If you use chrome press F12 and check the console tab while you are pressing the link

0 votes
Avi Ziv August 17, 2014

Nothing. It seems, server is working... but the link is not removed.

Suggest an answer