Why I can't export Epic's fields into the csv?

MajoG June 5, 2013

Hi!

I'm having trouble with the "export to .csv file" with the fields from the epics. I use the epic as a project and when I export the issues, the fields "epic name", "epic link", etc, don't appear in the .csv file. Do you know why? Is this a bug?

Cheers, Mage

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MajoG June 5, 2013

Well in the end, it was my mistake. When I export the excel with all the fields, the field Epic Link is exported. I just didn't know how to use it well.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Mage

1 vote
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

It seems possible to export the epic link in greenhopper 6.2.2 as they integrate the field to JIRA issue: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/GreenHopper+6.2.2+Release+Notes#GreenHopper6.2.2ReleaseNotes-EpicsintegratedintoJIRA

I just tested and the epic name will be exported under Epic Link field. :)

MajoG June 5, 2013

Thanks for your help, It was helpful for me to realise that I was making a mistake.

Cheers, Mage

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

Glad to hear that helps :D

0 votes
Shradha Singh July 23, 2014

Thanks Anoop for your response. I will try that. My requiremenmt is to export JIRA Agile board from test JIRA instance to PROD one. We tried it by exporting all fields into .csv file and then importing it. But "Epic Links" were not visible in the "Details" section of Epic.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014
As far as I know there is more around Agile and ist data and the export/import is not fully supported, especially regarding single projects.
0 votes
Anoop Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2014

Hi Shradha,

Please use "export all fields" in the filter.This will export "Epic Links" as well.

0 votes
Shradha Singh July 23, 2014

Hi
Can you please suggest steps to export Epic Link field.

Regards

Shradha

Suggest an answer