Why I can't close a ticket

Chris Esperon November 9, 2020

I am both the reporter and assignee.  I am an administrator for the project board.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2020

It probably is not as simple as "reporter and assignee".  (And certainly not admin - admin rights give you admin rights, not "do everything", and it's a good idea to not give admins more access than admin)

Jira's transitions can be protected with all sorts of conditional rules.  Off the shelf, you can set them by group, role, user, permission rights, and and and...

I suspect you've run into a transition that has a condition that does not include your account for some reason.  I'd want to ask an admin to check the conditions in the workflow to see why you do not currently match them, and that should lead you to the person who can fix it (user admins if you are not in the right group, project admin if you are not in the right role, and so-on)

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Hey Chris - Being able to Close a ticket is based on the transition to the Done status and any conditions that might be on the transition. It doesn't have anything to do with being an administrator or not. 

Chris Esperon November 10, 2020

I do see that now when looking at the project settings.  My apologies as I am a relative new to Jira.

My Issue stems with a request ticket with multiple sub tasks.  I'm able to close 3 out of the 4 of those tickets but for the life of me don't know why I can't close the last one.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

What kind of error do you get? 

If you just don't see the transition option to Done for that ticket, then there are probably conditions on the transition that the one card is getting caught by. 

Go to Settings > Issues > Workflows

Find the workflow and click Edit

Then click on the transition (the line) to Done. 

You will see a popup box to the right. Check to see what conditions might be set.

Like Ferencz Gergely likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events