White-List for POP / IMAP Incoming Emails

Josef Kudrna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2019

Hi,

I have to white-list your firewall for retrieve incoming emails to your jira-cloud instance...

...and found the following documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-cloud-ip-ranges-and-domains-744721662.html

But I am not sure what IP-Range is used to access Incoming Emails true POP.

Does the same Server as for Outgoing Emails are also used for retrieve Incoming Emails?

Thanks, josef

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hey Josef! In the interest of making sure we are both talking about incoming/outgoing in the same directions, I'll define them both and talk about what lists apply.

• Outgoing or as that document says, "Outbound email": any notifications generated by Jira and sent to your users via email will originate from these IP addresses. The IP ranges in that list will be our SMTP servers. They will try to deliver email to the mail servers defined in your domain's MX records.
    The "Outbound email" section in that document contains the up-to-date list of IP ranges for this activity.
  • Incoming is what we'll define as the polling that Jira tries to do against addresses you configure as mail handlers in Jira or email channels in Jira Service Desk. Jira takes email from those boxes and turns it in to new Jira issues or comments. For this activity, your Jira Cloud instance will try to access the mail server you configured either via POP3 or IMAP.
    The range of IPs you might expect to see for this activity are talked about in the "Atlassian Cloud" section, and you can find the list itself at https://ip-ranges.atlassian.com

Hope that clears things up!
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2019

Hey @Daniel Eads

This really saved us about 30 minutes ago at the tail end of our Jira Server to Cloud Migration when we couldn't figure out why outbound notifications weren't sending.  Thanks!  I owe you a beer sometime!

-Jimmy

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events