While looking at the Epic Detail view, why can I no longer drag and drop to rank items?

Noah Moore March 8, 2021

While on a classic project, when I would be looking at the Epic detail view for a particular epic, I used to drag and drop the items in the epic in according with their rank. Now it seems like I can't do that. 

Was this recently removed? If it has not been removed, could someone help me troubleshoot?

Note: I am still able to do this on one of my next-gen projects.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Hi Noah,

Does your board filter still have Order by Rank associated with it?

Do you still have Schedule Issues permission in the Permission Scheme for that project? 

Noah Moore March 8, 2021
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2021

Are you using the New Jira Issue view versus doing it before with the Old Jira Issue view?

Noah Moore March 8, 2021

Nope. Have been on the New Issue view for some time.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

Not sure that I ever tried to sort them in the New Issue view before. But I cannot change the rank either. 

I would go ahead and submit a support request:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Please post the solution back here so we can close this one out. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Curious behavior differences...

For Next Gen, you may select anywhere (left to right) on the epic view's child issue list and drag-n-drop, changing the order.

For Classic, you may only select on the left side by the key, and it appears as if it will re-order, and instead it opens the child issue, navigating away from the parent epic.  Selecting anywhere except the left side of the child list just opens the child issue.

__Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events