Where do I find the option to add a column in the board ?

Bata May 9, 2023

I have two business projects. 

One is runned by company, the other is runned by team. 

In the team runned board I can easily add a column.

But in the company runned board, the option is not available, why? 

And where do I can add the column? 

Thank you in advanceBildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 13.20.47.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-05-09 um 13.21.02.png

1 answer

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

It appears that you are using a Jira Work Management project. Please note that adding, renaming, or deleting a column from your board is only possible for team-managed projects. For more information, please refer to https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/monitor-your-work-with-the-board/.

Bata May 9, 2023

Thank you @Ivan Lima  ! 

But why is it so? I mean Company managed Projects used to have more options and more preferences, not less. 

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

When using CMP within JWM projects, boards follow the workflow edits on status and steps. Personally, rather than providing more options, I like to think that CMP offers more advanced customization options for workflows, transitions, and other aspects compared to TMP.

Although you might have known it already, for your convenience and the benefit of others who land here, I will provide a few additional links I came across that touch on some of the differences we're discussing.

Like # people like this
Bata May 9, 2023

Thank you very much for your help!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders