Where are the field tabs in the new issue view?

Ramon Alonso Soto May 23, 2019

I just got an email talking about how amazing is the new issue view but, for our team issue content tabs are key for content organization and process management. Is it possible to have those tabs integrated in the new issue view?

Edit +1: I'm also missing the print and export to word option.

BTW, is the new issue view making old view not available? I'm scared about that, hope Atlassian considers the impact of this change.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Ramon Alonso Soto,

Great news, we've just released tabs back to the left hand side of the issue view as they were in the old issue view. You can read more in our official announcement.

Ramon Alonso Soto February 17, 2021

@Matthew love to hear that, it sounds like really great news. We'll be checking the new feature internally and provide feedback. Anyway, thanks for listening to all the folks around there asking for this feature.

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2019

Good morning Ramon,

Unfortunately, the new view of jira does not group fields by tabs. The fields can be seen in the right sidebar and as in the old view where you could not put dates or user fields in tabs, now you can not group the common fields either.

regards

Ramon Alonso Soto May 27, 2019

Thanks for your answer Juan Manuel. Then, my concern now is to confirm if the old view will remain available or will be discontinued. I think that it is a different question so... I opened a new question for that: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-the-quot-old-issue-view-quot-going-to-be-discontinued/qaq-p/1092983

Ramon Alonso Soto June 13, 2019

They just updated the new issue view with "glances".

13 JUN: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

@Ramon Alonso Sotoare glances still a feature?  I can find no reference to them at that link.

Ramon Alonso Soto February 1, 2021

Hey Rob, they are. If you used to have tabs in the past and you move forward with the new issue view, you'll see that tabs are arranged under field groups in the issue view; all of them but the fields that were allocated in the first tab, those will be shown as part of the general content of the new issue view. This fact affected our setup, so we ended creating an empty tab as the first tab to just prepare our migration.

BTW, just in case god is reading me, I would love if the old issue view would be continued, It was fitting better our needs than the new one. 

Like Richard Bone likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2021

@Ramon Alonso Soto- Thanks, I saw that, but nothing specifically called 'glances' so... what's a glance?

You might want to add your voice over here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Transitioning-all-Jira-Cloud-users-to-the-new-issue-view/ba-p/1494104/page/8#M3858

Ramon Alonso Soto February 1, 2021

Maybe the page I linked has been changed... but it refers to the right side field groups.

--

"Glances are special user interface elements that appear in the right sidebar of the issue view under the status, and alongside other fields like assignee, priority, and labels. They provide a quick way for a user to get an overview of some information provided by your app that relates to the issue. A user can interact with a glance to open its detail view to get more information from your app."

New issue view UI locations (atlassian.com)

--

Those "glances" have impacted our setup with a worse user experience on field browsing.

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2021

Oh.  THOSE.

Yeah.  Lemme not use words that can't be spoken on broadcast television.

Suggest an answer