When will agility boards (and other boards) be available in the self-hosted version?

Noah Lieske October 5, 2017

I installed the Jira software and found that it's missing boards in general.  I'm specifically interested in the agility board, which is in beta on the cloud version.

Do you have a timeline on when these boards will be available in the self-hosted version?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Christina Jenks July 20, 2018

I'm seeing Jason Wong answer these questions on the "Welcome to agility" thread comments section, such as here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agility-Beta-articles/Welcome-to-agility/bc-p/788991#M25

It would be nice to have it answered here though. The initial answer in Mar 2018 stated there were not yet any timelines available. The last comment in May 2018 stated there were no updates to this, yet.

That said, my guess is they'll make an official announcement when/if it will become available for self-managed installations.

(note, the nav bar might cover the top part of the comment linked above)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

The whole point of Jira Software is that it provides Scrum and Kanban boards.

Can you explain what you mean by "agility boards"?  There's nothing like that in Beta on the Cloud instances I've got access to.

Noah Lieske October 7, 2017

I might be special, but doubt it.  When you go to create a board in the cloud, you can choose the "agility" board, which is a super simple board with to do, in progress, and completed.  It has a nifty "beta" image next to it, so I assume it is in beta.  It skips all the "complexities" of scrum, kanban, etc.  I added the checklist add-on and it does everything I need, with each bullet point as a sub task, or routine checklist.

My main issue with Jira now is privacy and the cloud.  I'd much prefer to host it in my own cloud vs. relying on a 3rd party network.  The lack of boards in general, on the server version is keeping me from taking the plunge on Jira as a solution.  I could never be too serious about placing all of my intellectual property on someone else's servers.

Some timing for boards on the self-hosted product would be great.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2017

I think you need to explain this "agility" board, as there simply isn't one in any of the Cloud or Server systems I have access to it.

Pleas,e give us a screenshot, as I doubt we'll get anywhere using different language.

Noah Lieske October 10, 2017

It's isolated to google authentication.

IMG_0296.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2017

They're not in any of the Cloud installs I've got, so it's a case of "not going to server for a long time, if at all"

Ollie Purkiss October 24, 2017

When I create a new board I get a greyed out option for an "Agility" board. I am on the Cloud version and authenticate via Google.

Is it a mistake?

AgiltyBoard.PNG

Mike Kant October 26, 2017

Would also love an answer to this problem. :)

agilityBoard.JPG

Kelly Albrecht November 3, 2017

I also have this. It was not greyed out and required creating a new project... so I did.

The board seems like the Boards that are a part of Business Projects. 

Jason Jarvis November 8, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- You can read about about the upcoming Agility Board here

...but there's precious little info.

Martin Varga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Agility board is a new board in the cloud Jira Software. As you can see it's still in BETA and you can't create it in an existing project. For now you can only create it when you create a new project and choose the Agility template. 

Suggest an answer