When importing issues (or wiki data), how are users mapped.

I am in the process of migrating froma downloaded Jira (and confluence too for that matter) to an on demand instance. In the process of importing the users how are the usernames mapped to the names imported from google apps.

Is there some mechanism that will allow me to map a user from the old instance to the same user in the new instance?

1 answer

Yes, after integrating OnDemand with Google Apps, when you first log in with your Atlassian OnDemand administrator username, the 'Setting up the user integration with your Google Apps Domain' screen will appear.

For further reference please check: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Merging+OnDemand+and+Google+Apps+user+bases#MergingOnDemandandGoogleAppsuserbases-Mergingusers

While that is useful info, I'm not really sure it answers my question. I've already merged google apps and on demand. Now I need to import the data. My concern is merging on demand with the users from my existing crowd deployment.

There seems to be info about importing the issues into jira and the wiki data into confluence, but no mention of how the user data (ownership assignment, history, etc.) is handled through the import:

Am I going to end up with a bunch of inactive users that are just there as history references?

Is there some way so "map" the user history to direct the history to active users?

Or, have I already screwed this up by linking to google apps before importing all my data?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

244 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you