When i try and invite a new user i get 'something went wrong' notification

Will Clark February 15, 2019

I migrated a previous instance of jira to a new URL - it worked fine but i can't invite any new users. Maybe i have used my user limit on the old URL but I have delted users on the old instance and it hasn't helped

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hi Will,

This error is related to the licenses available on the instance because you are inviting a user but there are no more seats available.
Please, go to Site administration > Billing > Manage subscription to check how many licenses you have available for each product.
If you don't add any group to this user, you will be able to invite them.

We have a feature request suggesting to give more details when this error appears:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6669

If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Will Clark February 18, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion - but when I look at billing I have only 5 of 10 users taken. I haven't added a group.

Thanks

Will

key: "badRequest", context: {message: "No default group for: jira-software"}

context: {message: "No default group for: jira-software"message: "No default group for: jira-software

key: "badRequest"

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

Hi Will,

Thank you for the details.
In this case, please go to Site administration > Product access and set a default group for Jira Software.

Screenshot 2019-02-18_17-54-48.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

fysalsaleem March 31, 2021

It worked for me

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer